Friday, February 3, 2012

Vail, CO "Like Nothing On Earth"


(photo credit: Vail)

Vail, Colorado, “Like nothing on earth.” I could not agree more with this catchy phrase. I have skied all over the place since I was three years old and I have never skied a mountain more breathe taking then Vail. I have traveled to Canada and skied numerous times up there, as well as skiing just about every mountain on the East Coast. Though there is not any mountain on the east coast that can even compare to skiing out west. I have been to Utah to ski the legendary mountains known as Park City, Deer Valley, and The Canyons, which were absolutely beautiful. However, my favorite place to ski will always reside in Colorado at Vail, Copper Mountain, and Breckenridge.

Skiing out west in Colorado has been one of my top most memorable experiences of my life. There is just something about being on top of The Blue Sky Basin at an elevation of 11,570 feet that just makes you stop and think how beautiful life is and how lucky I am to feel as if I am on top of the world right now. Vail has the most incredible back bowls that are endless with the greatest conditions and powder that will fulfill any skiers dream.  I highly recommend any skier or snowboarder to experience Vail, Colorado, because I can guarantee it will change your life.

Not only is skiing an amazing experience and a fun activity, it is also an incredible workout. Cross-country skiing burns more calories per hour than any other sport and it is also a very low-risk and low-impact form of aerobic exercise. Cross-country skiing is the ultimate calorie burner, burning up to 1,122 calories per hour, while other sports such as a single tennis match would burn 544 calories per hour, based upon a 150 lb. person. Skiing also creates a natural high for the athlete by releasing endorphins that gives off an exhilarating and wonderful feeling. Overall, skiing is a great form of exercise and it is a sport anyone can participate in at any age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment