Sunday, January 29, 2012

First Class


The first day of EDU 470 was filled with a lot of information and excitement. I was surprised to find that our class only consists of about eight to nine students, though that just means we will get to know each other a lot faster. it seems to me that we have a great mixture of students and that this class will be a lot of fun and a great learning experience.

On the first day the first thing we did was learn everyones name and introduce ourselves. Next, Dr. Yang proceeded to explain to us the criteria for this course and the expectations that will be met at the end of the semester. He talked about creating our own PE profile and blog, which I have never done or heard about before. After he showed us examples online of what other students have created, I was inspired to create my own and see how these profiles work. There are so many opportunities available online to connect with others and see what they have been doing or what they have to say. Dr. Yang also explained to us the amount of work we will be accomplishing this semester. Since this is a writing intensive course, there will be a lot of blogging everyday and a few lengthy papers as well.

So far, I find blogging very interesting. I have never written my thoughts down before, so this whole process is very new to me. Most girls when they are young kept a journal or a diary to themselves, though I was not that type of girl, which is why expressing my self through and exploiting my words to the world of the internet is a little scary yet thrilling at the same time.

It is crazy to think that I am already a Junior in college. I can not believe how fast time went by and how much I have learned about education through the years. Now that I have had experiences in several classes, I cannot wait to be a future physical education teacher. In the future I want to be the best physical educator that I can be. I have always wanted to be a teacher all my life because I wanted to follow in my parents footsteps. It is unreal to think that next semester I will be student teaching out on my own and that by next Spring I will be graduating. In my future I will use everything I have learned from Cortland and will work my hardest at all times. I am very excited for the future and for all the great things that are to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment